Youth & Children’s Pastoral Leader:
We're looking for someone to join our team to head up and lead our youth and children's work. As a church our vision and primary goal is all about making disciples - being with Jesus, learning from Jesus, becoming like Jesus. We're looking for someone who first and foremost has that as their own deepest desire and is then willing to open up their life to allow our young people to walk alongside them as they seek to grow as a disciple of Jesus.
This person should:
- have a deep passion for Jesus (Under the Equality Act 2010 there is an occupational requirement for the postholder to be a practising Christian)
- be grounded in the scriptures
- live in line with the word of God
- have a heart for children and young people
- be able to connect well with children and young people
- be confident with using social media and modern technology
- a good understanding of safeguarding is necessary
- be organised and personally motivated
- be able to work well in a team
- be able to lead and manage a team
- be able to stir vision in others
- be a good communicator
- have a passion to see individual lives; youth and children's work; and the life of the church as a whole grow
- see youth and children's work as part of the church and not a tagged on or separate work
The church has intentionally left the role more loosely defined as we'd prefer to find the right person over defining the role too tightly. We are looking for someone who first and foremost will disciple our children and young people with our youth and children's teams, but we also want the role to allow space, in line with our vision, for the growth and development of the ministry of the person called to it.
The job is a fulltime role of 40 hours per week, that will include working evenings and weekends. The starting salary is £25,000.
The successful applicant will be required to have a clear enhanced DBS check.
The church expects that the person taking this role would want to join us as a church and be present in this local community. The person that steps into this role would also join our leadership team and be expected to join in with the wider life of the church.
To apply please email your cv with a covering letter to our Pastor: firstname.lastname@example.org